Old Silk Route Tour Package-East Sikkim
The or which passes through East Sikkim is a part of the ancient network of trade routes which connected China to India. This route passed through Lhasa and Nathu La and Jelep La Pass and finally reached the port of Tamralipta (present Tamluk in West Bengal) from where it took to the sea and reached far east. This Ancient Silk Route is expected to have been discovered by traders as early as First Century AD.
Attractions in Old Silk Route- Old & New Baba Mandir,Changu Lake,Eagle’s Nest Bunker ,Jelep La Pass,Kupup Lake or Elephant Lake,Thambi View Point,Lampokhari/Aritar Lake,Laxman Chowk,Lingtam,Menmecho Lake,Nathula Pass,Thambi View Point,Tukla Valley,Yak Golf Course
Duration- 3 Nights 4 Days, 4 Nights 5 Days, 5 Nights 6 Days
Pick up & Drop-New Jalpaiguri Station or Bagdogra Airport
You can visit Silk Route in East Sikkim throughout the year, except very monsoon,from end of December to February end due to heavy snowfall some routes will remain close
- Laundry, Tips, phone call, Porter or any such personal expense
- Less than 7 Days Prior to Travel Date: 100% of the Package Cost as Cancellation Charge
- 7-15 Days Prior to Travel Date: 75% of the Package Cost as Cancellation Charge
- 16-30 Days Prior to Travel Date: 75% of the Package Cost as Cancellation Charge
- More than 30 Days: Full Refund of Package Cost Excluding Processing Fees
Meals Served in Homestays
Breakfast-Puri/ Roti/ Chapati & Sabji
Lunch-Rice,Sabji,Dal,Bhaji & Egg Curry
Evening Snacks-Veg Pakora/ Momos/ any traditional Sikkimese Dishes
Dinner-Roti/Rice, Sabji & Chicken Curry
- Most important thing to keep in mind is that never expect luxury accommodation during travelling Silk Route Sikkim. You cannot expect luxury meals, facilities etc. there as it are remote destination and mountainous area.
- Carry good amount of woolen garments, sweaters, gloves and caps to protect you from the cold.
- Suggest not staying at high altitude area if you are travelling with children and elderly person as it will create headaches, dizziness and vomiting among the aged and children
- Carry transparent glasses, sun glasses, torch, power bank, gas lighter, small knives and necessary items with you. Also carry first aid box etc.
- Carry Original and Photocopy of Id Proof like Votar ID Cards including passport size photograph for Silk Route Permit. Need to carry Birth Certificate or ration card in mandatory for minor too.